Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In denial?

I think I am seriously in denial about leaving tomorrow. Perhaps in the back of my mind, I have convinced myself that I am flying to San Jose instead. But then I get a lovely picture of me sitting on the plane tomorrow in a bright blue coach seat, eye mask and ear plugs in one hand, sleeping pills in the other. unable to sleep. Please please let me sleep tomorrow! That's the only way the 9 hours will go by semi-fast. Then I could wake up refreshed and ready for the work day since I'll be heading straight to the client once I land in Amsterdam. This time, I will NOT be renting a car... I am cabbing it all the way! This means that I will not be getting lost for 2 hours every day, I will not be pulled over by the cops (twice), and I will not get 3 speeding tickets, all of which happened last time. So anyway, I thought what better way to spend my last day in Dallas than to do a few of my favorite things that I would not get to do for awhile. This involved kicking off the day with Starbucks - tall espresso brew coffee w/ spenda and half & half - and ending the day with Mexican food & margaritas with a few of my favorites. I have been anti-tex mex for quite some time ever since I rolled off the Dell project down in Austin (we ate it EVERY day), but I am finally coming back around to the deliciousness. We tried a place I had never been before called Matt's Rancho Martinez. Nothing like a margarita, chips & salsa, and hot fajitas before I leave the country.

Here's the website if you want to check it out:
http://www.thetexmexchef.com
And it was great to see the girls again one last time before leaving too. Bree is thinking about visiting the 'dam. Hopefully she'll be able to swing it!

No comments: