Tuesday, September 14, 2010

London is SMALL

Sure, there's around 8 MILLION people here, but ya know what, it's a small world after all. Granted it feels a lot smaller since everyone I know is primarily concentrated in one area consisting of the LBS bubble and the Baker Street area, but I am still baffled when I run into people or find out so-and-so knows so-and-so, etc. Case-in-point, I am sitting in my office (and by my office, I mean my favorite Starbucks on Baker Street). It's my fave because it has an underground area lounge, basically a cave with no windows, where you can go once you've got your coffee at street level. It's like a hide out. Anyway back to my story. I am tap tap tapping away on my laptop and I briefly look up and who is sitting at the table directly in front of me, but my professor from my first class at LBS. My only professor I've had so far at LBS actually since I've only had 1 official class so far (I waived stat thank goodness).

In other updates, I had lunch with my study group earlier today. The guy in our group from Tokyo took us to a very authentic Japanese restaurant. Had some good sushi and sashimi.. quite yummy and indeed authentic. Also noteworthy - I have booked my trip to Stockholm and will be traveling there with a ton of other LBSers the first weekend of October. 30 quid for a flight to Sweden? Don't mind if I do! Oh and also - 5 Brunswick Mews will be holding a housewarming party this Saturday night hosted by yours truly. M and I plan to head to the liquor store later this week in search of a case of champagne. yes people, a case. Unfortunately with the student budget, it won't be Veuve Clicquot, but we'll throw a strawberry in there and people won't know the difference, right? Aaaanyway, gotta run to school to print some stuff. Hope all is well with everyone back stateside. xx

No comments: