Monday, August 30, 2010

Embracing my Inner Londoner

In a matter of weeks, I have become a Londonite.
I shop at Marks & Spencer and occasionally step foot in Primark (if I'm feeling brave)
I run in Hyde Park.
I play football in Regent's Park.
I enjoy my lovely charming flat tucked inside my quiet mews.
I can navigate the bus system and the tube with ease.
I order take-away instead of take-out.
I schedule events in my diary instead of my calendar.
I throw on a jumper when it's chilly out.
I talk in Celsius, kg, cm, and liters.
I carry an umbrella with me on even the sunniest of days.
I actually enjoy talking about the weather -- an exciting and popular topic here in London.
I use a 24-hour clock to tell time.
I use a drying rack; it will always be a mystery why my clothes are in the washer/dryer combo for 2.5 hrs and they come out soaking wet.
I bought a kettle to make coffee and tea -- and I actually use it.
I forgot what air conditioning is... does it exist?
I party in Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, and Oxford Circus.
I've got the whole of Europe in my backyard waiting to be explored... and I'm looking forward to it!

So with that said, where should I go on my first side trip?
A. Madrid
B. Florence
C. Budapest
D. Other
Thoughts?

No comments: