Monday, January 5, 2009

Here we go again...

I am back! And I am very sleep-deprived… the flight was around 10 hours and quite uncomfortable, but I maybe slept an hour or two. Come to think of it, I believe I have pulled more all-nighters post-college than I did in college! We landed in Amsterdam at 8am local time (1am Central U.S. time). My Deloitte manager happened to be on my flight which was pretty nice since he had already reserved a car for us at Schipol upon arrival. He also informed me that travel plans could be changing, and that we may only be here one week – flying back to the U.S. this weekend and working in Santa Clara next week. This is a problem for 2 reasons… one, have been planning on going to London and two, I packed enough clothes to stay here for several weeks (a girl has got to have options). Had I known I would only be here a week, I would have carried on my luggage and packed extremely light. But, in true [consulting] fashion, we will not know what the next few weeks hold until later in the week. More to come on that. Anyway, I watched the sunrise from the cab ride over to the client, and have managed to make it through the day… somehow… only with 1 redbull. I haven’t been too productive since my eyes have really just been glazing over my computer screen, but hopefully I am at least LOOKING like I’m being productive. Gotta get going for now, but check back for more updates shortly.
Xo Laura

No comments: